Thursday 5 April 2012

Perfect Wetsuit Condition ...!?!


Martin's advise was to resist wearing the wetsuit again today ... because it may turn into a habit .... ?! ohh but I have to see if I really like wearing it and if I could feel more comfortable in it today than I did yesterday, was my answer to that ... ! So, I took it with me to the Lido again today ... and yes, I succumbed ... well, the weather forced me to ... windy, cold and "perfect getting used to wetsuit conditions" :) For those of you who have never worn a wetsuit (and never will!), let me say that water does get in to the wetsuit ... but of course it gets warmed up a bit ... it's quite funny actually when getting out of the water, all the water which had entered (specially during pushing off the wall) does run down your legs and out by your ankles - a lovely feeling! :)
I swam 10 lengths again ... still struggling with stamina and fingers spreading after 8 lengths ... most swimmers were saying that the water temperature had gone down ... but with David on holiday and no "official water temperature keeper" on site ... we will never be "100% sure" ...

I did get back in after the sauna and swam a couple of widths to remind my body of the "real experience!"

Sue R. came a bit earlier than Chris to get a few lengths in before Chris joined her ...
Sue had 1 mile in mind and did do just that!

I'm a bit far away of the action heading towards me ...
it's Alex (on the left - who had been lurking under water to take a photo of Sue and Chris)
catching up fast with Sue and Chris

Clare seems to (always) get in the water just as I'm about to get out ...

Nick setting off at full speed -
he has a theory of creating more pull
by spreading his fingers and grabbing the water as much as he can ...
ahhh but Alex is still faster ... and Nick is not ready yet to have an "official head to head" with Alex ...

Nick did however get ahead of Sue R and Chris quite quickly ...

with all the swimmers heading to the deep
there was just time for one "doodle shot"
the wavy water surface distorted the black line


No comments:

Post a Comment